Friday, November 05, 2010

114
Knights in shining armour no longer ride up in stellar horses to our doorway. Here is what happens instead......
The five o’ clock air was chilly. I could feel her sit close for warmth. After we left the bumpy mud road and touched the tar, the machine steadied itself. As I accelerated the trees crept in closer and my path became a dark and beautiful tunnel.
She was a Royal Enfield Std 350, affectionately called the Bullet. As I went along I could almost feel her fuse to my body, her thump vibrating with my heartbeat.
80: I could still hear her talk. We were steering well through traffic on the village road. Her rock solid stability needed no slowing down.
90: She was silent now. She was feeling the build up with me. From the rear view mirror I caught a glimpse of her eyes fixed in concentration. She was beginning to understand the poetry too.
100: It was just us on the highway now and her thump never sounded better. I signalled to her and she gave thumbs up. There was no stopping now.
114: The moment of power, love and respect had arrived. I could feel the rider’s ecstasy tingling inside me. All three of us were now one. The road, trees and landscape disappeared into non existence. We had released from this world into sheer happiness. Nirvana had been achieved.
Leave Home


4 comments:

sadique said...

so heavy bike.,. wo bhi 114km/hr.
wr wr u., frnt seat or back seat,.
ek din race ho jaye.,. dekhta hoon kitna speed chalati ho./

Mofvx said...

AWESOME!!!!!!

sadique said...

thats great.,. 114km/hr.,wao,. how did u manage to keep bullet on that kucha road .,
now i got smbdy wid whom i cn compete., just waiting fr that momnt,,. so next time on highway 31.,

sadique said...

thats great.,. 114km/hr.,wao,. how did u manage to keep bullet on that kucha road .,
now i got smbdy wid whom i cn compete., just waiting fr that momnt,,. so next time on highway 31.,